Sunday, June 25, 2023

Take Courage, Keep Trying

 



I need to make an important decision and have no idea what to do. I’m worried that I’ll mess everything up. As I prayed, my heart had a realization: I don’t have to get everything right because I serve a God who makes everything right in the end.

When I try to get everything right, I become paralyzed by fear, live in a state of self-criticism, worry about every detail and carry the weight of the outcome on my shoulders. But God never asks this of us!

The Apostle Paul said, “We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28). “All things” includes our mistakes, our imperfect efforts, our guesses when we’re not sure what to do. But before God can work in all things we have to give Him something to work with, which means not letting fear stop us from even trying.

Jill Churchill said, “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” I think that applies to every area of our lives. There’s no way to be a perfect friend and a million ways to be a good one. There’s no way to be a perfect leader and a million ways to be a good one. There’s no way to make a perfect pie crust and a million ways to make a good one.

Take courage, keep trying. What you’re doing is enough. You don’t have to get everything right because we serve a God who makes all things right in the end.

🙏 Pray with me: Dear God, You are so good. Thank You for staying with me in the mess and making all things right. I offer what I have to You today, and I trust You to make it beautiful. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.



Why You Don’t Have to Get Everything Right


Praying for you
hugs Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...have a sweet day.