Thursday, July 11, 2019

The House of Blues #1


6 years ago I started re-decorating my home using blues as my base color or as a strong accent color, all because of a picture that was really important to my husband that hung on one of our walls. 

Love those blue pendant lights 
and how it makes the blue in the chairs pop.

Blue was never one of my favorite colors to decorate with in the past but I've come to love the color. I love the look and just as important the way it feels. Cool, refreshing and calm. I don't think I will ever change from this color palette. 

This is what I have learned about the color blue.

Blue is a cool and calming color that shows creativity and intelligence. It is a color that symbolizes loyalty, strength, wisdom, and trust. 

Blue seeks peace and tranquility and promotes physical and mental relaxation. The color blue reduces stress and creates a sense of calmness, relaxation, and order. Try and lie on your back and look up at the blue cloudless sky. Blue lowers metabolism. The paler the blue color, the freer we feel.


Light blue represents health, healing, tranquility, understanding, and softness.

Dark blue is associated with knowledge, power, integrity, and professionalism.

This is how the color blue affects you
  • Soothes and relaxes, prevents chaos
  • Opening up communication
  • Extends your perspective and intuition ability
  • Provides a feeling of coolness and peace

Now that you know of my new love for blue, each week I will post a blue picture to inspire us to decorate with one of the many shades of blue. I may even post a picture or two of something blue from my home.










“Your home is a portrait of yourself.”






Disclaimer
This site contains ad links which means if you buy something you help support my coffee habit. All of these are items I would personally purchase myself or have already purchased. Poinsettia Drive only promotes items that I Love!!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I just LOVE blue! I think I have some shade of blue in just about every room of the house.

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear from you...have a sweet day.