Monday, June 6, 2022

Grilled Mexican Corn Salad


This recipe is an off-the-cob play on a popular Mexican street dish.

3 limes, divided
8 large ears fresh yellow corn, husks removed
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2/3 cup crumbled feta or Cotija cheese
1/3 cup sliced fresh chives


1. Cut 2 limes in half, and squeeze juice from lime halves to equal about 1/4 cup.

2. Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat. Brush corn with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with the desired amount of salt and pepper. Grill corn, covered with grill lid, 10 to 12 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. (Kernels may char and pop.)

3. Cut kernels from cobs into a large bowl. Stir cheese, chives, and lime juice into kernels. Cut remaining lime into 4 wedges, and serve with corn salad.

Yum





13 comments:

  1. I already had Mexican corn salad on my menu for tomorrow night but your recipe looks better than the one I had planned to use. :)

    I followed you here from the linkup at I'm an Organizing Junkie. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, yet it sounds delicious. I would like to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This salad looks amazing!! My husband usually does all of the grilling, but I am UP for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter would love this recipe, she is a big fan of sweetcorn and corn on the cob #keepingitreal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sweetcorn but never do more with it than spoon it from the can. I tried making fritters once but they kernels just kept exploding! #keepingitreal

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a simple little salad that looks and sounds so delicious! Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing. When the weather turns warmer I'm always looking for new salad recipes and this one sounds perfect. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sweetcorn but never thought of trying with lime. Thank you for the suggestion. #keepingitreal

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks like something my husband likes to make and i willingly eat #keepingitreal

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is Featured at the Merry Monday party this Week! What a delicious way to enjoy corn! Thanks for sharing with us. Can't wait to see what you are cooking next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda, sounds like a tasty take on corn on the cob.

    Thank you for linking up with #keepingitreal

    ReplyDelete
  12. This recipe looks so great! If you love spicy food check out my newest recipe for Palek Paneer over at Hungrymountaineer.com. Visiting from the blog hop, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear from you...have a sweet day.