Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Easy Shepherd's Pie


This is a winner. Simply, tasty meal that doesn't take a lot of time. The Worcestershire Sauce and Garlic Mashed Potatoes makes this dish extra special. My daughter Stefanie introduced me to this dish. 

1 lb ground beef
1/3 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
8 oz frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 cup (1 oz) Cheddar Cheese shredded
1-16 oz pkg. mashed potatoes (or Bob Evans Garlic Mashed Potatoes, already prepared)

Place beef in a large skillet and cook over medium high heat until no trace of pink remains spoon and discard fat. Stir in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Add vegetables and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Spoon the beef mixture into a baking dish.
Mix the cheese with the potatoes in a medium bowl. Spread the potatoes over the beef and bake until heated through, 10 minutes.
Heat oven 400.

Photo Campbells

Yum


The Lazy Gastronome


9 comments:

  1. Totally my kind of recipe - super easy and it looks delicious! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to make Sheppard's pie. Mine takes longer than the one you shared. I just might have to try yours.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! This reminds me that my husband's been hinting about Shepherd's Pie, so onto the meal plan it goes! I LOVE the idea of using Bob Evan's mashed potatoes for it. Thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so simple and delicious! I often make sheppard's pie from our leftover meatloaf but this sounds nice and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could eat this right now. I love proper traditional food. I pop Worcestershire Sauce in a lot of things. It is a very underrated ingredient. Thanks for sharing this recipe. #brillblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post is awesome and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a keeper! So quick and tasty, checms all the boxes here...Great job! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this tonight but substituted beef for ground turkey. My potatoes didn't really brown and I left it in the oven for @ 20 minutes...maybe I should have moved the rack up/down. Other than the top not really browning it was quite yummy. I will definitely make it again
    Any suggestions on how to get the potatoes a bit more well-done?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. My daughter gave me this recipe. I would spray some butter on top of the potatoes that should give them a nice golden color.

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear from you...have a sweet day.