Saturday, February 17, 2018

Grandma’s Chocolate Pie


My dear friend Debbie McCollough writes, Linda, this is the pie I made for Super Bowl Sunday and Dale loved it...since I kind of made it up trying to duplicate a pudding I remembered my mom making when I was growing up, I couldn't find anything quite like it out there. Thank you Debbie for sharing, I can't wait to try it, and if Dale loved it I'm sure we all are going to love it. ❤


One 9-inch pie shell
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 egg yolks
1 12oz can evaporated milk
1 ½ Cups Half and Half
2 tablespoons butter or margarine , softened
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Nestles Semi-sweet chips

1.Bake pie shell; cool. Whisk together milk and eggs in a 2 qt. saucepan. In a bowl stir together sugar, cornstarch, and salt and whisk into milk mixture.

2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil (it will thicken very quickly). Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Add 1-3/4 cups chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended. Pour into prepared pie shell; press plastic wrap onto filling. Cool.

3.Refrigerate several hours or until chilled and firm.

4.Garnish with whipped cream or meringue made out of remaining egg whites.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Minutes


Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...have a sweet day.