Sunday, July 17, 2022

Do Not Fear

 




When God says “do not fear” in Scripture it’s almost always to someone who’s already afraid. It’s not a rebuke but a reassurance, much like a scared child finding comfort and security in the arms of a loving parent.⁣
When we’re afraid, our natural tendency is to hide. We physically or emotionally retreat to where it feels safer. (I’ve done this by literally diving under the covers in my bedroom. Or I’ve hidden my heart by putting on a smiling face when I felt broken inside.) God knows of this tendency we have as humans and He doesn’t tell us *not* to hide. We aren’t in trouble for this instinct!
What God does want to change is *where* and *how* we hide. God Himself wants to be our “hiding place.” Psalm 32:7 says, “For You are my hiding place; You protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.”⁣
Instead of running *from* our fears, we can run *to* God with them. He is our strength and security. He gives us courage and makes us brave. His love and truth are bigger and stronger than anything we fear.⁣
--⁣
A GIFT FOR YOU: I'd love to send you a *free* download of 12 fear-fighting, faith-building Scripture cards. ❤️ Enter your email on this form and you'll receive them within 5 minutes: https://bit.ly/fearfightingcards

Holley Gerth at HolleyGerth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...have a sweet day.