Saturday, July 20, 2019

Quiche With Chilies


This fluffy quiche is made with cottage cheese and lots of Monterey Jack cheese. 
Don't let the chilies scar you. It adds a nice contrast.


5 eggs, beaten
1 cup cottage cheese
4 oz. can of green chilies
8 oz. grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter

Mix together beaten eggs, cottage cheese and green chilies. in a separate bowl blend Monterey Jack cheese, flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold into the egg mixture and blend together. Melt butter in the bottom of a casserole dish or pie dish and pour in the mixture. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

This recipe was given to my friend Linda Peshek. You can add ham, broccoli, etc.




Yum


3 comments:

  1. The picture shows the quiche in a pie crust but yet the recipe does not specify a pie crust; only a casserole dish. Please advise. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debi, I've made this recipe with and without the pie crust over the years. It all depended if I had an extra pie crust or if I chose to lighten up on the calories by not using a pie crust. Sometimes my family just wants something heartier and I've used a pie crust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious Linda, I've never thought of putting chillies in Quiche before!
    Blessings,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear from you...have a sweet day.