Sunday, December 23, 2018

M & M's Party Cookies


I put the M & M's on after I drop the dough on the cookie sheet. This recipe is Grandma Jan's and I remember these from my childhood. We had to make them every Christmas, but they are good any time of the year. Use seasonal colored M & M's for the holidays.

1 cup shortening (or 1/2 cup shortening & 1/2 cup butter)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/4 cup sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups M & M's

Blend shortening & sugars. Beat in vanilla & eggs. Sift dry ingredients together, add to sugar & eggs mixture. Mix well stir in M & M's. Drop on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 375 10 -12 minutes.


Yum

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting a recipe for this cookie forever; this is just how they were made when I was a kid! I love that they don't have peanut butter, too.

    Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday!

    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is certainly the season for cookies and these are a classic and so colorful. Thank you for bringing them to FF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann @ Live The Old WayJanuary 1, 2019 at 9:28 PM

    M&M cookies are one of my son's favorites! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Homestead Blog Hop, please come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear from you...have a sweet day.