Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Fast and Easy Chicken Pot Pie


Chicken breast, carrots, peas & potatoes in a creamy chicken sauce with a flaky crust.



1/2 lb 3/4 lb boneless chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 bag sliced frozen carrots
1/2 bag frozen peas
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 small potatoes cut into 1/2 inch pieces
salt & pepper to taste
Hot Sauce for flavoring
Pillsbury frozen pie crust, 1/2 of 1 package

Spray frying pan with Pam and cook chicken till no longer pink or boil chicken till no longer pink.

Spray 9 inch Pyrex dish with Pam. Put chicken in dish, cover with carrots, potatoes, and peas. Mix soup with 1/2 soup can of water, add a few drops of hot sauce. Sprinkle chicken and veggies with salt & pepper and pour soup mix on top. Cover with pie crust, folding in edges. 

Cook at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, and then turn the heat down to 375 degrees and continue to cook for 45 minutes. 
It sometimes needs a little longer to cook potatoes all the way through. Serves 4


This recipe came from my friend Susan Colasanti. She made this for my family it was so good. Thank Susan.



Yum

4 comments:

  1. I really need to make some chicken pot pie soon as I have been craving that this winter. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. As I’m reading this recipe I’m thinking, that sounds like the recipe I use! Thanks for sharing Linda. I make this all the time and now actually use rotisserie chicken for added flavor. It’s a great family meal when doubled - to share when making someone a hot meal. Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean Joanne a nice warm meal on a cold night. Go for it and enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan that is a wonderful idea, I will have to give the rotisserie chicken a try. And I love the idea of doubling the recipe to share.

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear from you...have a sweet day.